Saturday, October 15, 2011

Decorating Your Garage Door

Some people like to decorate their garage door for everyday of the year while others like to decorate it only during the holidays. I happen to be one of those who like going out there on each of the holidays and putting up festive decorations to show my love and appreciation for the holiday. The thing is though; I have made my fair share of mistakes in all of my times of decorating the garage door. In hopes that you do not follow in my footsteps, I ask that you take the following advice.

exterior doors

I once thought it was an okay thing to use nails in my wooden garage door to hang a sign, thinking that there would be no problems from it. Of course, this was in the middle of winter so by the time spring rolled around, I had completely forgotten about patching the wooden door. Wouldn't you know it, wasps crawled into that hole and made a nest! I could not believe it but they were actually able to squeeze their bodies through that hole. Then again, if I had used something smaller, I probably would not have had that trouble.

EXTERIOR DOORS

Therefore, you do not want to use things that are going to puncture holes in the garage door. Even if you are not worried about wasps, there is no reason to ruin a perfect door. If you are using tape or an adhesive to hold decorations on the garage door, do make sure that they are easily removed. If the sticky part sticks too well, you might find yourself with a problem when you try to remove it. For doors that are painted, it could ruin the paint job and look terrible in the end. Just be careful when hanging decorations on your door and you will not have a problem.

Decorating Your Garage Door

Myloer is a hobby writer who usually updates his blogs every day and writes about all kinds of topics. His latest project is about garage door motor and you can also read his articles about sectional garage door by following the links.

EXTERIOR DOORS

0 comments:

Post a Comment